Replacing worn components, such as cups, blades, and brushes, can help pipeline owners and operators extend the overall life, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness of their pigs. TDW offers a vast array of replacement components for the company’s pigs.
Replacement components also enable operators to use a single pig for multiple purposes: Operators can purchase components if they want to change the overall configuration of their pig to accommodate different functions or pipeline sizes. This option means that operators can use one pig for a variety of tasks, such as cleaning, batching, and liquids displacement — adding considerably to the pig’s usefulness.
Best used for: any pig with replaceable components.
- Parts are exact duplicates of the originals to ensure proper installations and fits.
- All parts are available in different formulations or degrees of hardness to accommodate specific needs.
- TDW manufactures all components in accordance with strict quality standards.
- When should I replace my urethane cup? A good guideline is to replace them when they are severely worn in one area, or if the diameter interferes with the pig’s ability to stay on stream. When operators are unsure about when to replace any of their components, experienced team members from TDW can provide guidance.
- What if I’d rather rebuild my pig myself? A number of operators prefer to go that route, and TDW can work with them if they have any questions about the re-building process.