From routine maintenance and repairs, to tie-in of additional lines, to installing necessary equipment like pig passage indicators, hot tapping plays an integral role in the life of a pipeline.
TDW provides hot tapping services and equipment that enable pipeline owners and operators to safely, efficiently, and cost effectively perform pipeline modification and repair activities without shutdown and with minimal disruption to product flow.
From 2-inch gas distribution lines, to large-diameter, high-pressure crude lines, TDW has a full suite of drilling and tapping machines, and a variety of cutters, to meet the unique temperature and pressure requirements of any pipeline operation.
Best used for: onshore and offshore pipeline operations, including repairs, crossovers, line extensions, purge and equalization, main relocations, connections, and tie-ins.
- Tapping machines can accommodate 2-inch through 60-inch taps on pressurized lines.
- Equipment and consumables can be designed and fabricated to accommodate custom applications.
- Tapping equipment can be used for creating hot taps in preparation for isolation applications, and for installing completion plugs like the LOCK-O-RING® Plus Completion Plug.
- TDW Subsea 1200RC tapping machine can be used for performing hot taps in water depths of up to 3,000 m (9,842 ft).
- What is the highest operating pressure of all TDW tapping machines? Tapping machines have varying maximum operating pressures. The TDW 936 tapping machine has the highest, with a maximum operating pressure of 153 bar (2,200 psi) at 38°C (180°F).
- What else can tapping and drilling machines be used for? Tapping and drilling machines can be used to facilitate pipeline inspection and corrosion monitoring. Some models also allow for the installation of completion plugs and TDW PIG-SIG® pig passage indicators.
Need help selecting the right tapping or drilling machine for your project? Click to enlarge the chart below.