A comprehensive pigging program will remove solids and sediments – including debris, sand, dirt, and corrosion-related contaminants such as black powder, scale, and salts – from Liquids Transmission pipelines for better performance and profitability.
Pigs for solids removal:
- OptionALL™ cleaning pig – Effective for cleaning, maintenance, batching, and displacement. Can be customized with attachments appropriate for clearing pipeline solids, including discs, cups, magnets, brushes, and blades.
- VANTAGE ® V cleaning pig – A multi-use pig that can be equipped with brushes to remove hard, crust-like deposits, urethane blades for removing gummy deposits, scraper discs to clean both hard and soft deposits, and magnet kits to remove ferrous material.
- PitBoss™ cleaning pig – Designed to remove soft to medium-hard deposits from internal pits.
- FJR/JRN cleaning pig – Equipped with wire brushes and urethane cups to remove contaminants and deposits from pipelines.
- VANTAGE®+ cleaning pig – Multi-use pigs that can remove hard internal pipe deposits such as mill scale, crust, and calcium deposits as well as thick, soft contaminants including sludge and mud.
- REDSKIN™ foam pig – Available in five different configurations, including the REDSKIN RoughRider® pig for removing hard deposits.
- WCK cleaning pig – Built to remove pipeline contaminants and deposits, with an outlet port at the pig’s front end to prevent loosened material from piling up. Available in a dual diameter model for cleaning multiple sizes of pipe in one run.
- Pencil brush cleaning pig – Heavy duty, aggressive, and effective at removing black powder and cleaning deposits from internal pits. Removable bypass plugs provide jetting action to improve cleaning effectiveness.
Technical assistance is available from TDW subject matter experts for special circumstances or if the path to a solution requires consultation.